Monday, January 30, 2017

January 30, 2017 10 MONTH MARK


H
​ello all, this is the mom, putting the blog up today.  For some unknown reason, there are times when Jenni's tablet fails to load this blog.  Who knows why, but this gives me a chance to thank you all for supporting Jenni on her mission with your prayers and kind messages.   She is doing great.  This momma is very proud of her girl!   Now... February 21 is Jenni's 20th birthday (she can't see her blog, can only post here) anyway, her address is at the bottom of the blog and I know she would LOVE to get real mail for her birthday, so if you have an extra stamp lying around, please send her a birthday message.  Thanks!   

Here is her message for the week:

Two things, how is January already over?! AND HOW AM I 10 MONTHS OLD?! ๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ˜…

This week was wonderful though! Full of miracles per usual! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

So last Monday, I was doing pday stuff when I realized my ring from my grandma was not on my finger anymore. I have had that ring since 2009 and it means the world to me. So I started looking EVERYWHERE! I couldn't find it, and my mom told me to just let it go for a few hours, so I did. I prayed so much and looked so hard through the week and still it was no where to be found. Friday night we had some extra time before bed so I was determined to find it. I got on my knees and pretty much begged Heavenly Father to help me find it. So I looked in all the rooms and corners that I could think of. Then I sat on my bed and just listened for the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I thought of all I did on Monday. One thing came to mind, I re made my bed after washing my bedding. So I felt like I needed to check under my fitted sheets. It was in the last corner I looked in. I was SO happy!!! I am so thankful for those tender moments that remind me of God's love and concern for his children! ๐Ÿ˜ญ❤

Tuesday was a great day too! We were able to find a new investigator named Charlotte! Her lesson went SO good!! We also got to go to the Tuesday night meeting! We had planned to go early so we could talk to just Felicia and to prep the song we were gonna sing. But that night we ate at a members home and the GPS was no help with getting us to Felicia's. We got SO lost. It was dark, there were scary dogs chasing our car, ( sidenote: Stuart has made me an anti big dog person)  and we were going wayyy too many miles. So basically Satan was trying to stop us because we had super great plans. But he didn't completely win. We got to the meeting with 2 minutes to spare! We got to sing "Joseph Smiths First Prayer" and they loved it! They said it gave them chills and they could feel the spirit! ❤  It is on my facebook page if y'all wanna check it out! (Sidenote pt 2: some people have asked me about the facebook rules again and basically you can do whatever you want with my posts, like, share, or comment. I just cant follow your feed! ) 

Big changes took place Wednesday. We had the worldwide missionary broadcast! It was so great! There were also some anouncements made and you will probably here them from 100 other missionaries today. So for starters our daily schedule is different! We have from 6:30- 10 to exercise, eat, get ready, plan, and have personal study. There is only a set hour and a half, the rest of the time is basically free! A big change is planning in the morning, because we usually would plan for our next day right before bed! Another big change is 30 minute lunch time. I HATE it! Hate is a strong word I know, but it is stressful! By the time we actually cook something, we have like 10 minutes to eat it. I am sure it was inspired, I just haven't figured out why yet. We also get to go to bed early now which obviously I am pumped about! Pday also got changed too! Now it starts at 8am not 10am!! We have 2 extra hours which is SO great!! 

As missionaries, we set weekly goals, and those got changed as well! The Charlotte North Carolina Mission has been piloting the main key indicators since June, so this really is nothing new for us. We have seen a lot of success though since we started focusing on the specific goals! I am excited for all the other missions in the world to see that same success! 

Okay I saved the best for last, so hopefully all 5 of you who still read this, are still with me. ๐Ÿ˜˜

So a few weeks ago we met Wendell. We had our return appointment on Thursday and it was incredible. He read the pamphlet we gave him, and he knew his facts! The lesson went so well and I am proud to say HE HAS A BAPTISM DATE!! He also came to church yesterday and loved it!  We are so excited to be working with him! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Spiritual Thought: " It's hard to have a negative attitude about things, if and when your life is focused on the Prince of Peace" - M. Russell Ballard, "Our Search For Happiness" 

Well I can't say enough how much I love this life and this area and my companion and the branch and my Heavenly Father and my Savior and all of you!! ❤❤❤ These past 10 months have been so wonderful and I wouldn't trade them for anything! 

Have a great week! 

Sending Love, 
Sister Jacobsmeyer๐Ÿ’•
PO Box 1025
Stuart VA 24171 

Pictures:
1)Our District๐Ÿ˜Š
2) ❤
3) I would serve 100 times over for cookout hush puppies and shakes๐Ÿ˜
4) the sistas of winston ๐Ÿ’œ
5) 10 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment