Monday, January 2, 2017

#40 January 2, 2017 Started at the bottom, now we're here!

New Year, New Me, New STATE! Greetings from the middle of nowhere aka Stuart VA! My 4th area, and 3rd state in the past 9 months! 

Well it was a crazy and kinda sad week!

Monday I had my last zone activity in the best zone ever (RIP Charlotte South) We all got together and hung out. Oh and ate food and played games. It was fun! 

On Tuesday Sister Hill and I just assumed we were both staying, because we hadn't gotten a call.....but fast forward to our weekly taco tuesday date. Our phone rang and it was the Assistants. They broke the terrible news. We were BOTH leaving πŸ’”πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­ WHAT?! Lancaster (and a few other areas) got a big switch around! Elders are taking over Lancaster now. 
So we spent most of Tuesday and Wednesday packing (and crying) and saying goodbye. The Tracy's took us to our fav place to eat in Kershaw and I think I will miss that place the most πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚ jk but it's amazing. Also Wednesdaymarked 1 year of me getting my mission call!! What?! 

So Thursday we packed up Sister Tracy's truck and left. I was in the car for a few hours. I went from the very bottom of the mission, to the very top! I am now here in Stuart, with Sister Sandy! Which thankfully I served around her my first 2 transfers so she is no stranger. She is from Idaho and goes home in 5 weeksπŸ’” This is my first time sending a companion home!! 

Friday was my 9 month mark, which was strange. I feel like I am still brand new! We had district meeting that day, which was fun to meet new people! Also while out finding this lady gave us some cupcakes haha! 

New Years Eve we didn't do anything too special. But New Years Day we were invited over to someones house for a southern tradition. It consists of eating collard greens (for money) and black eyed beans (for luck). They also fed us a nice Christmas type dinner! We were stuffed! 

I also got to go to church yesterday and finally meet the branch! We meet in an old house, whi h made me feel like I was on the back east trip visiting church history sites haha. 

Spiritual Thought: 
"And no one can assist in this work except he shall be humble and full of love, having faith, hope, and charity, being temperate in all things, whatsoever shall be entrusted to his care." <<Doctrine & Covenants 12:8>>
So this transfer my Christ-like attribute study is on Humility! And for the 5 days I have been here, I have already been humbled so much! Stuart is a very low income town. People here don't have much. I am very thankful for the life I was blessed with, and all the many blessings I have received over the years. I am hoping that this year we can all make a goal to become more humble and realize how much we really do havmble

Well I hope next week I have better stories. It might snow this week! Did I mention it's freezing here?! 

Oh and if you wanna send your homegirl anything my new address is 
PO Box 1025
Stuart VA 24171 πŸ˜˜

I love yall with all my heart! I hope your new year is off to a great start! Hope to hear from you soonπŸ’• 

Sending Love, 
Sister Jacobsmeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment