Monday, January 23, 2017

Okay but can we talk about how January is halfway over??  Crazy! This week was PERFECT! Well close to it!

The snow finally melted and we were able to go back to normal thank goodness!! Up here in Stuart we've  been struggling with finding lately. We decided to switch things up and go where the people are by doing some Walmart finding! Earlier in the week, we role played a finding situation of meeting a woman in the baby section. Well Thursday we went to the baby section and we met this sweet lady and got to talk to her about what we do and use some short powerful statements. We were able to see our role play come to life! She seemed really interested and receptive. We were able to give her a pamphlet and our contact info. Unfortunately, due to her own personal life circumstances, we weren't able to get her contact info or be able to set up a time to meet with her again. So we are praying that somehow, someway we meet her again. Also this made me appreciate role plays more, I can't say they are my favorite thing to do thoughπŸ˜‚

The weekend was where it was at! Friday we had zone meeting! It was so great! There were so,e really great trainings given that pumped me up to go be more ambitious! Also after the meeting we went on exchanges! I got to go to Winston-Salem with Sister Davis!! πŸ™Œ❤ In case y'all forgot, she was one of my first companions. She is simply amazing, I love her! We saw so many miracles! It was such a fun exchange! 

Saturday I spent 10 hours in a car πŸ˜… We drove back from exchanges, and five minutes later I got in a car to drive to EMELY'S BAPTISM!! We picked up Sister Hill (aka my kindred spirit, I love her) and her companion, Sister Johnson, so they got to be there too! Emely is so sweet and she made a few remarks about starting over and getting a new life. It was so great! Us sisters even sang a special musical number! The spirit was so strong and I am SO happy I got to go!  Plus I got to see some of my favorites from Lancaster, and the Alexanders! 😊 We also drove through Concord to get to Monroe, it was a great stroll down memory lane ❤ 

Oh I can also fianlly say I have a gun story!! Yesterday we were looking for this house and we got kinda lost so we were turning around. I had to get out and back Sister Sandy (the joys of missionary life) and then bam! A gun shot! Right towards us! I got in the car and we saw a man on his porch. So welcome to Stuart Virgina! πŸ™ƒ

Spiritual Thought: 
" People think I'm crazy. They say I take this Jesus thing too seriously. Well I don't know, but Christ took me pretty serious when He died on the cross for me" - Unknown  

I love this! It really makes you think too! Christ did SO much for us, more than I can fathom, so the least I can do is serve a mission for 18 months. But it stretches beyond that. The least we can do is show gratitude for him, and try our very best to follow his example, even if people think you're crazy. 

Life is great, and missionary work is fun!  There is a special place in heaven for those of you who write, support, and love me! Have a blessed week, yall! πŸ’•

Sending Love,
Sister Jacobsmeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment