Monday, March 27, 2017

This week zoomed by, but what else is new? 

So we had interviews this week, It felt like I hadn't had them in forever! So it was so good to be with the Alexanders. They always know exactly how to help! ๐Ÿ˜Š President told me he has seen alot of growth in me, which is always nice to hear especially when you don't recognize it yourself. We also had our last district meeting of the transfer, which is sad because I really liked this district! And this next transfer, our district is getting all rearranged. Speaking of transfers, I am staying put in good old Stuart for at least 6 more weeks! ๐Ÿ™Œ

 Friday was an exciting day! So we were asked to be on the radio! We were guests on, "Patrick County Profiles." I am going to try to send the media file out later today, but if not you can find it on my moms facebook page! But anyway it was fun! Surprisingly I wasn't nervous at all! We talked about our beliefs, what we do as missionaries, and sorted out some myths about our church! Unfortunately, not everyone flocked to the church this Sunday, but we planted seeds! And one day all of Patrick County will be converted ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

We also had our branch chili cook off! Sister Charles and I worked SO hard on a cute display for it and like 3 non members showed up. And didn't pay any attention to it๐Ÿ™ƒ But it's okay, that's how we learn humility right? ๐Ÿ˜œ We were asked to be the judges, which I was so not thrilled about, but it was okay. Everyone who came had a good time and that's what matters!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

On Saturday BOTH our recent converts went to the temple๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ™Œ Katelynn thought we were coming with her, and we wished we could!!! ๐Ÿ˜ญ Sadly the temple is not in our mission boundaries, the struggle is real. But on the bright side, both Wendell and Katelynn had a great experience!❤

We were blessed to have the General Womans Conference this weekend too! We gathered with part of the stake to watch it! It was obviously so good! One of the talks struck me, it was given by the general relief society president. She talked about the influence of certain women in the church. Which got me thinking of certain women that I admire! I have been so blessed in my life to be influenced by such good women. I thought of obviously my mom, sister, aunts, and many women in my home ward and stake. I hope they know how thankful I am for their influence in my life๐Ÿ’—   

And lastly.... WHERE DOES TIME GO?!? This day last year I was giving my farewell talk! This Thursday I hit my one year mark!๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ™ƒ It's insane. When I first got out I prayed for time to go fast I thought I would never see the end. But now I pray for time to slow down! And I don't want to see the end! Some days are harder than others. I would be lying if I said I never wished I could be with my family or go to a certain event with my friends,  but missionary life is incredible. And it is worth all the worldly things that people tell me I am missing out on. Coming out on my mission I really had no expectations or thoughts of what it would be like. I just came! And I am so glad I did! As basic as this sounds, I can't picture my life without my mission. I really can't. So I will hold these next 5 1/2 months near to my heart, because in a blink of an eye, they will be gone!! 

Spiritual Thought: 
"Sin will always be sin. Disobedience to the Lord's commandments will always deprive us of His blessings. The world changes constantly and dramatically, but God, His commandments, and promised blessings do not change." 

Well that's all folks. Shout out to all you people that have actually kept up with me for this past year! Some of you I haven't heard from in a whole year, but that's okay that's what repentance is for right? hahah๐Ÿ˜‰ But seriously I am one lucky sister to have the support that I do. So thank you๐Ÿ’— I hope you're week is amazing and you all make time to watch general conference๐Ÿ˜˜  Love youuuuu! 


Sending Love,
Sister Jacobsmeyer๐Ÿ’•
   

No comments:

Post a Comment