Friday, April 7, 2017

53 MY CUP RUNNETH OVER

****  Jenni asked me to post this Monday.....I got sidetracked.  Ooops!  Here it is.   For some reason, she gets very hit and miss on whether it posts from her end or not.   

Anyway, this is April 3rd Edition!   Enjoy.....

I am on a Rollercoaster that only goes up my friends! Okay that is totally a quote from The Fault In Our Stars, but it pretty much sums up my week. 

This week started off with a beautiful rainstorm complete with big thunder and bright lightening. And those pretty purple skies! One of my favorite things out here, are the storms❤

On Tuesday we were up in the mountains visiting former investigators and trying to visit less active members. We knocked on a door expecting the less active to answer, but Sister Gray answered! It was a sweet surprise! Her daughter was the one we were looking for, but we didn't realize she lived with her. We got to meet her grandson who is mentally handicapped. He had such a sweet spirit to him! We learned that he loves Primary songs, so we sang to him ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Thursday I turned one year old in the mission field (': Still so weird. But it was an exciting day because this mom and daughter that come to the Tuesday night meeting that we have been DYING to teach, set up an appointment with us๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐ŸŽ‰ We got there and they invited us to eat with them, and they showed us around their home and little farm. We were able to answer some questions for them and go over the first discussion! We ended up only teaching 3 / 5 family members, and it didn't go as perfect as we role played it to be, but it was still a miracle. Both daughters excepted a Book of Mormon, and wanted to tune in to conference! So hopefully we see some progress with this sweet family in the future❤

I have never been so tired as I was on Friday. Okay that is probably false but oh man it was a LONG day! So we had district meeting in Mount Airy. I am finally in a district with another set of sisters! Can I get a hallelujah?! ๐Ÿ™Œ After that we rushed to get some lunch, then rushed to Statesville to meet Sister Lewis, our mission nurse. She drove us to Charlotte for my last Dr appointment on the mission   *happy dances bc I miss my own doctor*  The appointment went fine, there was some increase in some medical term I can't remember, but they weren't worried about it.    In case you were wondering, I didn't cry as much as I did the other two appointments. But I did tear up, because being an adult is hard, and sometimes you just want your mom.  The appointment was done at 4:30 aka prime traffic time, so we stopped for dinner. We got to Statesville around 7:30, treated ourself to Sweet Frog frozen yogurt, cause we don't see civilized places like that too often, and then finally drove home. We got home a little after 9 and were beat. 

But guess what was cherry on top of the week?? GENERAL CONFERENCE!!๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’— Oh man it was so so good! So this whole paragraph will just be my spiritual thought okay? Ok. I wrote down some quotes that I love! "Be an example of living the doctrine" It is so easy to go to church, and listen to what's said and then just forget about it as soon as you get home. There is a big difference in going to church and living the doctrine. So try harder to be that example. You never know who is watching or who's life you will touch. 
"Come as you are but dont plan to stay as you are" This sums up my year on my mission so far. I came on a mission, not fully aware of all the gospel had to offer. I know I have been changed, for the better. I feel the same in some aspects on my personality. But I am not the same person I was a year ago and I love it. 
"I kept my promise cause I said I would." I loved this talk. Always remember what you have promised, not only to God, but even people in your own life. Christ was the perfect example of keeping his promises, so let us try and follow that example. 

There was a lot more that I loved, but you probably stopped reading 3 paragraphs ago, and at this point I am just exercising my fingers. But over all Conference was great. I feel like the main theme was repentence. But in a loving, gentle way. And the Plan of Salvation! If you didnt get to watch it, member or not, go and watch!! You can visit lds.org and it will be on the home page. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Heavenly Father even blessed us in between and after conference with 2 new investigators! We are so happy!!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

Sorry this was SO long, but I am sure, or hopeful at least my parents read it all ๐Ÿ˜œ Love you all so incredibly much! I know that Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ are there for us all. They picked me up at my lowest point, just to raise me higher. Life can be hard, but the gospel makes everything so WORTH IT!! ❤

Sending Love, 
Sister Jacobsmeyer๐Ÿ’•
PO Box 1025
Stuart VA 24171 

No comments:

Post a Comment