Monday, March 6, 2017

Hello everyone! 😊 It was a pretty good week here in the Virgina mission feild! 

Tuesday was full of miracles! We had Wendell teach us! It was pretty fun. We made and video and fingers crossed that it works! 
We were going to contact a less active member and we had like the worst directions given to us. "Red brick house on the right side of the hill". Do you know how many red brick houses by the hill there were?! So Sister Charles and I prayed to be able to find the right one. So we try like the 3rd one we see, planning to just ask if they know who we are looking for. And they did! Because it was him! πŸ™Œ
Then on the way up the mountain, on very curvy roads, I was turning a corner and I kid you not, was about an inch away from a semi hitting us. They were for sure not all in their lane. So thankfully, I had a tiny patch of dirt to swerve to. God protects his missionaries!! 

We had a real cold and rainy Wednesday! The weather here is so bipolar! You honestly never know what you will get. 

Thursday we got to attend a baptism for the Mount Airy Elders! The ladies name was Jenny, so I was thrown off alot πŸ˜‚ But it was a great baptism! Our district is killlllling itπŸ’ͺ*humble brag* 

A miracle happened Friday, Stuart FINALLY got a media referral (someone requesting church media, bible, book of mormon, videos, ect.) And even better! They became a new investigator!!! Yay!!πŸŽ‰

We were also able to teach Katelynn a few times. She is 12 and wants to be baptized! She is on date for March 18th! So we are hoping everything works out! 😊

This upcoming week, will be spent preparing to meet Elder Quinten L. Cook, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. Also some members of the 70 will be joining! The mission is so excited! I briefly met him when I was in 8th grade, and I dont think I understood the importance of it then. So I am excited to be spiritually prepared for Saturday! And Sunday he will be speaking at a 7 stake conference in Charlotte! So it will be a great week! πŸ’™

Spiritual Thought: 
"Forgiveness is freeing up and putting to better use the energy once consumed by holding grudges, harboring resentments, and nursing unhealed wounds. It is rediscovering the strengths we always had and relocating our limitless capacity to understand and accept other people and ourselves."

I just want you all to know, how thankful I am for this gospel. It changes lives. It can help you endure any hardship that comes your way. It can bring you peace and joy. I love being a missionary. I love being able to serve in the south. There is no where else I would rather be ❤ Have a great week y'all! 😘


Sending Love,
Sister JacobsmeyerπŸ’•
   

No comments:

Post a Comment