Monday, July 4, 2016

Land of the Free Home of the Brave

Happy 4th of July!!πŸŽ‰❤πŸ’™ It's a humid/foggy/ rainy day here in North Carolina! Sure beats the 110 degree weather back home πŸ˜‰

This week went by in like two seconds. I'm still not over how fast time goes by. I am offically 3 months old tho! Crazy! Let me tell you about my week!

Hermana Jacobsmeyer? - This week started with exchanges with the Spanish Sisters! Hermana Valentine came to Concord! She helped a lot with translating, we work with a handful of hispanics. So I was pretty thankful to have someone who could speak it! On Saturday we went to a Spanish Branch baptism. The whole thing was naturally in Spanish. I think I understood 3 words. We also sang like 5 songs in spanish. Then to top it off we went to Spanish sunday school yesterday with some of our investigators. So basically I need to work on my espanol.

5 Buck Miracle- So this week we were in need of a bathroom and so we stopped at a gas station and we got out and there was a 5 dollar bill on the ground! Just then Sis Johnson said she was having car problems and she would be home late for the lesson and she also  needed to get her kids fed. So we decided to take the 5 dollars and we got them pizza! It was a tender mercy and perfect timing! ❤

Tevis Update- So get this. Tevis read the Book of Mormon, not once, but TWICE! He also did some historical research and he says it really is true because he can trace it back to the ancient americans! So he knows it's true so we invited him to baptism! He said he would pray about it, stay tuned.

Fasting Miracle- So FYI fasting works. I was sitting in church and I turned around to check for investigators and I saw George....AND KATHY! WHAT?! I was in shock. Kathy works on Sundays, this couldn't be real! But it was and she didn't tell us because she wanted to surprise us. Man I just love her. Plus at our lesson Friday George played Selena Gomez on his phone so naturally he is my favorite ha!πŸ˜‰

Spiritual Thought:
So I have been studying Charity and Love everyday for a few weeks and I came across this quote, "Every person you meet is a VIP to our Heavenly Father." I loved it because it's so true! Everyone is so special and important so we should treat them like the VIP's they are! I'll sneak in another quoute, "Let us commit to become his hands, that others through us may feel his loving embrace." So I challenge you all this week to find the time to reach out to someone. Write/ text an old friend or family memeber. Smile at someone! Help in whatever way you can to show others how much they are loved! ❤

Well I think that is all the stories I have for you this week! I am thankful for the gospel in my life. It has endless blessings. I am thankful to live in a country where I am free to worship the way I want to. I am thankful for all those men and women who have fought for those freedoms! 
I love you all! Hope to hear from you soon! 

Sending Love, 
Sister Jacobsmeyer


1) being patriotic and stuff
2) happy 4th y'all!
3) plug for CCHF
4) last district meeting pic before transfers!


--


No comments:

Post a Comment