Monday, June 20, 2016

Is it really already Monday?! Time moves too fast! PS I hit my 2 months in Concord mark on Saturday! Ahhh! 😊 Anyway it has been a great week! Not to mention the weather has been pretty nice too! #blessed 
So this week...

It's Bo Time! - Monday night we went to visit a lady in the ward and she looked at us and asked if we were hungry. Ironically we were all just compalining about being hungry. We were kinda awkward about it haha and so she told us to get in the car! We went to Bojangles. Bojangles is like the Taco Bell of the south. Cheap, greasy, and makes you sick after you eat it. I have never eaten it because my sweet companions want to help me. So it was my first time! I had some chicken buscuit and it was decent. Was I sick all night? Yes. I also tried cheerwine! Which I also didn't like. It is basically like cherry cough suryp mixed with Dr Pepper. But now I can say I have had both Bojangles and Cheerwine!

"Oh I'll Be There"- So we taught the Johnson kids who I ADORE! Seriously the Johnsons are probably my favorite family ever. Anyway we taught the kids about the Plan of Salvation and they were in heaven (no pun intended)! We invited them to be baptized and of course they said yes! One of the kids said "Oh I'll Be There" Did I mention I love them?!😇😊

Harrisburg Wannabe- Another first for me! I actually left my area for exchanges! Me and Sis Arnold went to Harrisburg and Sis Trainor came here! We had a fun time with Sis Sandy! Also best story ever, you ready for it? So remember my Pacer friend Carl? Well we went to try him again. He wasn't home but I left a note for him to contact the sisters when he got back and signed it " your pacemaker pal, Sister Jacobsmeyer." Yesterday after church we got a text that said both him and his wife attended church yesterday! The power of the pacer❤

Strange People- Okay I really wish y'all could be with me for a day. We see and talk to some intresting folks! One man we met this week literally fit the discription of the telestial kingdom. He said he has too much fun sinning and has no desire to change. One man was basically a walking bible and asked me if I really beleived that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Darn right I do! I have never had my faith questioned in that way so it was also a first for me. Speaking of that one of investigators told a neat story this week. She said that at work some lady said she used to be mormon and it is all wrong and to not listen to the missionaries. Our investigator stood up for us and the church and basically shared her testimony (,:

True Greatness- Yesterday our Relief Socity lesson was on true greatness! First I would like to state that Taylor Swift was mentioned as a wordly role model in the lesson, so amen to that! 😉😊 Anyway I was thinking about what people I think are truly great and I thought of every young womens leader I have ever had, any primary teacher, sunday school teacher, basically I thought of my OV2 Ladies. They are some of the greatest examples I know. That of course includes my mom. Because duh she is TRULY great! So thank you to all those reading this that have been example to me in my life! I hope you know that you are doing a great job! ❤😊

Facebook- Ok so first wow thanks for all the people who wanna be my friend. Second, rule time. We can be buddies but I can't see your posts 😕 I also can't be tagged in things, or at least have them show on my wall. So if you feel the need to tag me, I have to hide it on my wall. I will be posting sometime today though so that's new and exciting! Another first!

Spiritual Thought:
So basically you all need to go read Tomorrow the Lord Will Do Wonders Among You By Elder Jeffrey R. Holland April 2016 General Conference. It is the best. But I want to share a scripture from it!

D&C 11:8 
Verily, verily, I say unto you, even as you desire of me so it shall be done unto you; and, if you desire, you shall be the means of doing much good in this generation.

And Elder Holland said it best when he shared, "I love that doctrine! It says again and again that we are going to be blessed for our desire to do good, even as we actually strive to be so. And it reminds us that to qualify for those blessings, we must make certain we do not deny them to others: we are to deal justly, never unjustly, never unfairly; we are to walk humbly, never arrogantly, never pridefully; we are to judge righteously, never self-righteously, never unrighteously."

Did I mention being a missionary is great? Also all of you are great! Thanks for your prayers, support, letters, and love! Have a blessed week!❤

Sending Love,
Sister Jacobsmeyer

1 comment:

  1. We <3 You! Thanks for keeping us posted and excited about doing missionary work!

    ReplyDelete