Monday, July 25, 2016

Hey y'all! Fun fact today is the hottest day of the year so far in this town. Thankfully it is Pday! Anyway things are getting better here! 😊

Day with the Garlicks-  My favorite senior couple drove up to spend Tuesday with us! I seriously LOVE them! I am so sad because I only have about a month left with them. Anyway they went out with us which was a blessing! We were able to have 2 other lessons with them! They are fabulous missionaries!

Trials Bring Blessings- Wednesday we were out finding like we always are and we tried pretty much every house on the street. We asked this man if he knew any of his neighbors who could need a message about Jesus Christ. He said " I don't think any of them would be interested"  So we left his house and decided to try one more! Then we met James. He has met with missionaries before and was really open to meeting with them again. We have taught him 3 times this week! AND he has a baptism date! Good things happen to those who wait right?

Exchanges- I got to go to Newton-Conover with Sister Johnson! She is the best! I love her and I hardly know her! We were able to teach a few lessons and do some service! After service we went to Cook Out and then got ice cream, so you can say it was a pretty great exchange!

Come, Come Ye Saints- Saturday we had a ward party to celebrate pioneer day! We made out own butter which was fun! I am so thankful for the faithful pioneers. They went through so many hardships with such grace. I am thankful for the sacrifices they made and all the blessings that I enjoy because of their dedication to their faith.

Spiritual Thought -
"Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters—my dear friends—please, first doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. We must never allow doubt to hold us prisoner and keep us from the divine love, peace, and gifts that come through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.  - Dieter F Uchdorf "

I love this quote! It is so easy to doubt everything. But doubting doesn't bring happiness. Sometimes the journey is hard, but it is important to have faith. Everything will work out the way it's supposed to! ❤

This week went much better than last. I am finally adjusting to a new area! I have such a strong testimony of the power of prayer. It brings miracles. I am thankful to be serving a mission. It is not an easy task most days,  but it is all worth it!😊

Thank you all for your constant support! I am pretty blessed to have such great people in my corner! I hope y'all have a blessed week! Hope to hear from you soon! 😘

Sending Love,
Sister Jacobsmeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment