Monday, May 23, 2016

Hello again! I have officially been in Concord for a month as of the 18th! I still can't believe how fast the time goes! I am loving it here though! Next week marks a whole transfer (6 weeks) here! Some missionaries will be going home, coming in, and going to different areas. But I know I will be staying safe and sound in Concord! This was a bipolar weather week! One day or minute it was pouring, then it was bright and sunny! But I am still so thankful it isn't super hot and humid yet! Anyway let me tell ya about the week!

1) Exchanges. This week was crazy and we had back to back exchanges! That means one sister traded with another basically. So on Tuesday we exchanged witht the spanish sisters! Sis Sanchez came with me and Sis Arnold! It was helpful to have someone fluent in spansh since a lot of the people we meet are hispanic. Then the next day after our district meeting, Sis Vanlueven came with us! She was one of the sistets that I came out with! It was nice to get to know her better! 
2) District Meeting. So every week we have a meeting with our district and this weeks was special! During the last like 10 minutes a man came into the church and we thought it was the UPS man again. It was Brandon, and he lives across from the church. He just wanted to learn more and thought he would just walk over to the church. So we were able to teach him a little and he had such great faith! He said he could feel something special in the room! So the elders are going to start meeting with him! It fit perfectly with our scheduale. We were supposed to be doing some roleplays and if you ask me that was the best roleplay to have!😊
3) Even Doctors need the gospel! This weekend I went to my new heart doctor (It made me REALLY miss CHF. They are the best.❤) and of course everyone who came in the room asked about my mission! My heart doc said he has seen missionaries before in Chile, where he is from! I had to get my blood drawn (don't worry mom I was brave and didn't even flinch) and the lab lady was so sweet! She asked about our church and Sis Garlick gave her a pass along card! 
4) Sunday Miracle. So last Sunday after our apointment with Grace, we went to try an old investigator. They weren't home so we decided to try a few doors in the area. Our car was parked in front of a home and I suggested that we just go to that one since we parked in front of it. They opened the door and at first seemed totally unintrested and then they let us in! We shared the Because of Him video and the wife was crying the whole time. Then we got into a good discussion on Christ and their faith. They were great! So anyway this weekend we saw them again. This time they invited their son over! We again had such a great lesson and they had the best questions. THEY ARE SO PREPARED! It's crazy. Also there was a crazy storm going on and the moment Sis Davis started sharing the account of the first vision, it stopped. It was pretty neat. They also gave us ice cream and asked if we wanted to stay for pizza, so basically they are the best. AND they accepted a baptism date! The husband and son came to church yesterday, but the wife had to work sadly. They are so great and ahh I just love them!❤😊

Scripture: Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves—to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life.
- 2 Nephi 10:23 
I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who gave us agency! We are free to act for oursleves! Sometimes it's hard to choose the right choice, but the reward is always worth it!

Sending Love,
Sister Jacobsmeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment