Thursday, September 7, 2017

#75 And Then I Blinked 9/4/17

Wow. What a week. Somehow I blinked and I hit my 17th month mark, and for some reason everyone keeps telling me "your days are coming to an end" Not cool. πŸ™ƒ

So this week was great as always! Minus it being 60 degrees a few days in a row. Like seriously I was in a flannel and boots! North Carolina weather is so crazy hahaπŸ˜‚

Well Tuesday we were doing service at the Food Pantry and there you walk people through the food line individually. I walked with a deaf man this week. He was so cute, hahaha! It was hard for me at first because I don't know how to sign anything. But I tried to place myself in the footsteps of the Savior. I felt such love for this man I didnt even know! It was truly a Mosiah 2:17 moment! πŸ’™

While I was gone on exchanges last week we had a woman who is not active in the church call us and ask if we could start reading the Book of Mormon with her two daughters! Of course we said yes! So this week we drove wayyyyy out to the edge of our area to meet with them! It was great! I am excited to keep going back! πŸ˜Š

Sad news. I went to my LAST zone conference this week. Oh but it was so good! Okay but first side story : We have this boy in our ward going on his mission next month. Anywho he took us and the Elders and stayed at the conference. We had to travel pretty early so he got us breakfast... at bojangles... aka taco bell of the south.... aka cheap greasy southern food. I WAS SO SICK I COULD HAVE DIED RIGHT THERE! Okay thats like a little dramatic but seriously I felt like death. I have only had bojangles one other time, at the start of my mission, and both times ended in feeling sick. So word to the wise, dont eat bonjangles πŸ˜˜


Anyway bringing it back.... So zone conference was all about The Book of Mormon. The Alexanders this transfer had a vision of every missionary gaining a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon. We had great trainings, did some good roleplays, and ate some yummy food! Oh and in our mission we are asked to learn 2 scriptures for each of the 42 principles we teach... we have to memorize them and pass them off... then we get this really fancy mission coin! So after many stressful study sessions I am overjoyed to say I GOT MY COIN! Wahoooooo! Also every zone conference the departing missionaries bare their testimonies. Yall I kept it together!!! πŸ™Œ I teared up obviously but I wasn't sobbing. Honestly my brain hasnt connected the fact that I am actually going home. So I still feel like I will be a missionary forever haha I am simply going through the motions of going home. So heaven help the poor soul who is with me when it finally hits me. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­

We had exchanges right after zone conference! I brought Sis Atkisson to Tanglewood! The 2nd door we knocked on was soooo solid. We applied exactly what we learned in zone conference and got a new investigator! Her name is Lisa and she asked if she could keep the Book of Mormon so she could study and mark things in it (,: We also made a pit stop to Krispy Kreme because the hot light was on, and missionaries always need a pick me up! 

Okay one last story. Hope yall are still with me haha

So Daniel came to church again!! Wahooo! And his nephew came with him! Sunday afternoon we had a family in our ward invite him over for a lesson with us. I guess the Elders had lunch with this family, and since they got a ride, they were still there. So group lesson hahaha! It went SO good!! Like seriously. He opened up and he was thinking real hard. We also taught another lady Sunday afternoon, and that lesson was just as golden! She said she has been looking for the truth her whole life (,: I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK! πŸ˜­

Well you can't get rid of me yet,  I will def be writing next week! But for my spiritual thought today I am attaching a voice memo of my testimony! 

I am so blessed to have been called to the NCCM! I am so blessed to have the great support that I do! Thank you thank you thank you!! I love youuuuu πŸ’•

PS I finally figured out my homecoming starts at 11am not 9 hahah. So feel free to come see me and get some food after! πŸ˜˜
Sending Love, 
Sister JacobsmeyerπŸ’•

Pictures in separate thread or on my mom's FB page.  Sorry...for some reason they are not coming up here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment