Monday, September 11, 2017

❤The Hardest Thing I've Ever Loved To Do 😭


This was the craziest week ever. Seriously. But for one last time, let me give you the highlights

Tuesday: We had MLC! I love MLC! It was all focused on the technology training that was coming up! After MLC I had my exit interview with President Alexander. I cried a few times, but didnt sob!! *pats myself on back* It was a good time to reflect on my mission and gain more counsel for a very wise, inspired man. I will be forever grateful for President and Sister Alexander, they helped me SO much through many different trials. On the way home it was raining cats and dogs, so we got off the road and us and the Greensboro sisters ate at BJ's! Oh man it was good, plus it was $3 pazookie night #tendermercy πŸ™Œ

Wednesday: So for the past 2 days we had done like zero proselytizing because we were so busy. So when we finally got to, I was pumped! The only man who answered and talked to us ended up going on this rant about the Book of Mormon. I was like 10000% done. I kindly  asked if he had even read  it, of course he said no. Oh some people! πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

Thursday: We exchanged with Bethania! I got to bring Sister Payne back to Tanglewood with me! We got to do service, eat with the best members ever, and teach a wonderful family! And to top it off the Zone Leaders called us at 9pm to go to walmart to buy stuff to make for the next days zone meeting. *sighs* elders. πŸ™ƒ

Friday: We had a Zone meeting where we did the technology training we went over in MLC! So get this the NCCM is one of 12 missions out of like 400 missions in the world, that gets to test out this new great way of missionary work that comes along with new technology. But thats all we have been told. So to prepare we went through this training and at the end we had " the great reset" aka your zone couldnt use facebook until they all completed some online courses. I am thankful for all the technology training I have had on my mission. I know that is one of the reasons I was called to this mission #recoveringiphoneaddict
We also had the ward party friday! It was a good time! I even got to play corn hole (or as my family calls it, Baggo!)

Saturday: Well it started out with the Sisters Only Conference Call, where the departing sisters share their testimonies. I will have you know It still hasnt fully hit me, but when I shared my testimony I boo hoo'd. That afternoon we got to go on a roadtrip to a baptism of someone Sister Fontano taught! So I can say I saw a baptism my last week! πŸ˜‰

Sunday: My last Sunday in the BEST ward ever. And I got to give a talk! I cried of course. Tanglewood has my heart! Oh I love these people SO much!! Fun fact, when I got transferred here, I was kinda upset because I didnt get to change zones. But this has been such an amazing place to be. I am so thankful this is where I got to end! We got to eat with one of my favorite families last night. and then we taught a family from Egypt! 

Spiritual Thought:
"He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it" Matthew 10:39

Oh my gosh y'all. I cant even put into words what these last 18 months have meant to me. I have felt every emotion possible. I have sunk into deep despair, I have felt exceeding joy. I have changed. I have found new life, new chances, new beginnings because of my time here in the NCCM. I have found my testimony. My very own one, not my moms, not my dads, not even my siblings. My very own. The sacrifice I made is no where near the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made. I know that my Redeemer lives. He isn't just a fictitious man from a book. He is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. He has felt every time someone shut a door on me, everytime someome told me what I believed was wrong, everytime I thought I couldnt last one more day. He felt it all. He knows me better than anyone else, because he atoned for me, and you, and everyone past, present, and future. I can never repay him. I will forever cherish my time in the South. I will always cherish the people I met, the people I taught, the companions I had, and all the sacred experiences that are dear to my heart. 

I am so thankful for each and everyone of you that supported me. Through prayers, fasting, emails, packages, letters, and just plain old love! Thank you SO much. You will never know how big of a difference you made to me!

I sure love you all, see you soon❤



Sending Love,
Sister JacobsmeyerπŸ’•
   

No comments:

Post a Comment