Wednesday, August 30, 2017

#74 August 28, 2017

Do you Honestly Expect Me to Still Have Creative Titles?   


So word on the street is that my home girl TSwift is back at it and all I gotta say about that is, I know that it is a direct blessing of enduring to the end of my mission πŸ˜‰ *throws back fish* (its an nncm thing. Fish = worldly distractions that distract us) 

Anyways onto more spiritual things! 

I had my last normal interview with the Alexanders this week. Guess who held it together like a champ? If you guessed President Alexander, congrats. Because I didnt πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­ I cant tell yall enough what powerful leaders the Alexanders are. They know what to say and always have tissues prepared ❤ I also had my last district meeting. See the theme so far? Yeah its the worst. But I love this district SO much! I am so thankful for all the things I have learned by going to district meetings! Also our district leader promised to write me a eulogy, because I am "dying". My hopes were so high, and it was SO LAME! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Its the thought that counts. 

I got to be in a trio for exchanges this week in Bethania! πŸ’• I love trios! We saw some great miracles and had lots of giggles! They have a large Marshallese population and so a big chunk of their teaching pool comes from them. Sister Enos, from the Marshall Islands, was in Tanglewood for the day so we brought another member to translate for us. I legit felt like I was in another mission. I was def not blessed with the gift of tongues, but it was a fun time! 

Speaking of foreign lands, I also taught a man from India this week, and a boy from China! We met the Indian man last week and he has read from the Book of Mormon before and has been to temple square and has lots of connections. He is great! We taught him again this weekend and it went well😊 I am excited to see his family progress! A family in our ward got a foreign exchange student from China named Eric! We got to teach him Saturday! It was kinda tricky because 1) language barrier 2) he had no clue who Christ was and that has not been a common theme of my mission. But he came to church! So that's good! 

Ready for a funny story? Okay here goes. So sunday we had an investigator,Daniel, come to church with us and this conversation took place after  
Sis k: *walks up real close to him* HI!  are you single?
Him: *sounds confused* yes
Her: me too! *high fives him* 

We were DYING laughing but also like what the heck Sister you cant just do that to people πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Spiritual Thought: 
"I testify that one cannot come to full faith in this latter-day work—and thereby find the fullest measure of peace and comfort in these, our times—until he or she embraces the divinity of the Book of Mormon and the Lord Jesus Christ, of whom it testifies. If anyone is foolish enough or misled enough to reject 531 pages of a heretofore unknown text teeming with literary and Semitic complexity without honestly attempting to account for the origin of those pages—especially without accounting for their powerful witness of Jesus Christ and the profound spiritual impact that witness has had on what is now tens of millions of readers—if that is the case, then such a person, elect or otherwise, has been deceived; and if he or she leaves this Church, it must be done by crawling over or under or around the Book of Mormon to make that exit." - Jeffery R Holland

Well folks that's pretty much all I got this week. Being a missionary is so great! I will never regret this choice I made❤ Also can we all pause together and be disgusted that August is like over and summer just slipped right by?!? On the bright side I survived another hot and humid carolina summerπŸ™Œ

Hope you have an amazing week! I heard that you will be more blessed if you write a missionary, so feel free to use me for blessings! πŸ˜˜πŸ˜‚ LOVE YOUUU! 

Sending Love, 
Sister JacobsmeyerπŸ’•
  924 Hawk Ridge Circle
Winston Salem NC 27103

**** Pictures will be in a separate post.  



No comments:

Post a Comment