Monday, September 11, 2017

18 Things I Learned In 18 Months


I started this when I first came out so I thought I might as well share it! 😊

1) I am a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father. Seriously He is SO good to me! I am not only spoiled by my earthly father, but my heavenly one also! He has blessed me in so many ways during my mission.

2) Kelly Clarkson knew what she was talking about when she said, " what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." But trials help us grow and become way better than what we were before.

3) You WILL get hard companions. Lol @ me because I thought I never would and then BAM!  But you will also get companions that become your best friends. No matter who you get, it is for a reason!

4) Role plays are the worst, but they are also the best.

5) All the people you expected to keep up with you your whole mission, won't. Some won't even remember your birthday! And I'll be honest, it was really hard for me to not hear from the people I expected to hear from. But I got over it, plus it is all part of the sacrifice! I will however give a shout out to my main gals, my mom and sister, they never once missed a week of emailing me (':  #truelove #squadgoals #waitisthatevenstillathing

6) Time goes by so incredibly fast, but oh so slow. There were moments when all I could think was " When is this going to end?!" But then I blinked and it was my halfway mark and all I could say was " Please don't make this end!"

7) This gospel brings pure joy. There is nothing better than hearing that you have that "mission glow" Also spolier alert : missionaries are happy because they are always thinking of others, not themselves. So give it a try!

8)The Lord really does hear and answer prayers!! Remember that one time I prayed for Sister Hill to be in my zone but then something better happened?! She became my companion! Or that one time I lost my ring from my grandma and after 2 days of prayer it showed up? Like if that isn't a testimony builder, I don't know what is. 

9) I came out for all the wrong reasons, but stayed for the right ones.

10) The Lord sometimes calls you to places you DO NOT want to go. But then you realize there is
no place you would rather be! It really is all about the attitude! #Stuart #Wilkesboro #BOONIEDOUTTTT😉

11) There comes  a point when you don't recognize anythinggggg on the radio( when you hear it in public) , and you're perfectly fine with it. Being away from the worldly things was SO NICE! I wish I could stay in my little missionary bubble forever.

12) If you're reading this, GOD LOVES YOU! He even loves the people who aren't reading this. No matter who you are, or where you have been, or what you have done. He. Loves. You. 

13) It's all true. Without a shadow of doubt in my mind. I know this is the restored church of Jesus Christ. I would not have left my home for this year and a half if it wasn't. This has been the best testimony builder of my LIFE. How greatful  I am to know the truth and to have had the chance to share it.

14) " I'm Busy" is theeeeee DUMBEST excuse. Seriously. If you dont want to talk to someone or go to something, or do something just say it! It saves a lot of wasted time.

15) There is a big difference in "serving a mission" and "going on a mission"

16) How to love strangers. Seriously this is THE BEST! Where ever you serve you learn to just love the people. Some areas were harder than others at first but I have loved the people of the south.

17) Missionary work without members is impossible. So help your local missionaries!!

18) There is no such thing as a perfect family. So I count my blessings that I have one crazy circus of a family!
Sending Love,
Sister Jacobsmeyer💕
   

No comments:

Post a Comment