Monday, July 24, 2017

Well first off HAPPY PIONEER DAY! Today marks over 100 years since the early Saints reached the Salt Lake Valley after months of trial and hardship. So do me a favor a go watch 17 Miracles today.๐Ÿ’™

This week was crazy busy and most days I felt like a chicken with my head cut off. But onward ever onward!

We had another MLC on Tuesday. We drove down with the Greensboro sisters! No one knew why we were having this extra MLC so we had a lot of guesses. We were wrong about all of them haha. We had a really spiritually meeting with the Assistants, who trained us on exchanges and just being better, kinder, and more loving leaders.

Also miracle! We meet with this less active and no joke everytime its a disaster. He argues everything and just makes us frustrated haha so this was the magic solution : having an opening prayer. Awful we just figured this out. We normal just chit chat before and it leads into the lesson, then the prayer doesn't happen. But this time it did. And it was the best, calmest lesson ever, he even said the closing prayer!  ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ

We went on exchanges with the Bethania sisters! I got to be with Sister Flake this time. We had a lot of fun! And get this. We go have an appointment with a less active and her son. I was talking to the son and thinking "he sounds so familiar but I dont know why." Then I hear his mom say to Sister Flake "after my husband died, i fell and broke my hip..." Then I connected the dots. Her last name is Taylor and when I realized that I asked if she had a son named Todd. Of course she did! I was in the home of my last branch presidents mother!! I was in Stuart when all those tragedies took place, so I heard all about it. I just love crazy connections and tender mercies๐Ÿ˜Š

Saturday another miracle occurred, we finally got to teach this lady we met a few weeks ago! Her name is Jeanette! She was so great and she wants us to help her husband with his faith as well! We are excited to go back ๐Ÿ˜Š #foreverfamilyforthewin ALSO when we pulled up to that area something crazy happened. Remember how last week we prayed with Patsy the super old lady? Well there was a ton of cars by her house and then two limos pull up with flags that say Fueneral!!! Patsy died๐Ÿ˜ฎ

The rest of the week, we got to teach some people and help them start progressing so that always makes life better! Oh I have a funny story! We went out to eat with this member who is in charge of a single adults activity coming up and she is really stressed out. So she was thinking of ways to get out of it and somehow one of the elders in our ward was mentioned, and she goes " Oh he is cute as a button!! Do you think I could marry him by Saturday?" ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ hahahah  WE DIED!

Spiritual Thought: I didn't find a quote or a scripture this time, but I wanted to bare you my testimony on the power of priesthood blessings. This whole week and actually for a while I have literally felt like I was gonna explode. I have a lot of things I have to be in charge of, I have a short amount of time left to accomplish it all, and I was just at the end of my rope. Sister Christensen and I both received a priesthood blessing from our Bishop yesterday. They were both so personable and exactly what we needed to hear. There was no doubt in my mind that Bishop Eldredge held the priesthood power necessary for that.  The fog that clouded my mind was cleared, I felt the weight come off my shoulders. I can testify that this is the one and only true church that Jesus Christ established. The same priesthood he held, can be held by all worthy males of the church. I am SO thankful for men who treat that priesthood respectfully so they too can help those who hang down.

I am so unbelievably glad I am here in North Carolina. It is sacred ground. Thank you thank you thank you for your continued prayers, emails, and just general support. You have no idea how much it helps. I love you all!! Have an incredible week❤    


Sending Love,
Sister Jacobsmeyer๐Ÿ’•
   

No comments:

Post a Comment