Monday, February 20, 2017

It was a pretty good week up here in Stuart!

On Tuesday we got to see Wendell. Some church had sent him some sort if picture book about Christs' death and he was super confused because what he read in there was contradicting what he read in the Gospel Principles book. So we went to the one source that is more powerful than anything else! The scriptures! His questions were resolved and we were able to continue with our lesson! We also prepped him for his baptismal interview, which spoiler alert: he passed 😊

We also went to the Tuesday night meeting! David ( Jewish man) lead and to be 100% honest everything went over my head. He is extremely intelligent (side note: he wrote a new york best selling book in the 90's about JFK) and so he used words I didn't know and got real deep in the Bible. He is writing a book about it right now, so he basically just read from it. Oh and another member of the meeting group got us all roses (': 

Wednesday and Thursday were pretty basic. We did however find a new investigator through a member! So we are pretty happy about that! 

Friday I had the most unique dinner appointment ever. So a woman in our branch signed up to feed us. She texted around 5ish and said she was in jury duty and didn't know how late she would be. So she just had us go to her house and her husband set out all the food and he just went and worked in his shop until we finished eating 😂 

Saturday was pretty great! So we got to Wendell's and this convo took place
Us: how have you been?!
Him: not to good
Us : *looks at smoke free calendar sees no stickers on it for 3 days* * starts to have panic attack*
Us: oh no! 
Him: *starts laughing* I'm just messing with y'all! I just wanted you to see me put the stickers on!
Us: 😭😂🙌
So he has been smoke free about 16 days now!! We are pumped!! His baptism is THIS WEEK❤ 

Saturday we also met two inactive members who said we could start meeting with them! Tender mercy right there (,: 

Yesterday we had branch conference and seriously every talk spoke to me. Let me tell you, God answers prayers through other people!! And before church started  Brother Durphee called me over to him and said " your mother must really love you." And I was so confused and he just said he felt like he needed to tell me that. I almost cried but go me, I held it in! We also had a branch potluck after and let's just say i felt like violet in willy wonka when she puffed up and turned into a giant blueberry. But #noregrets😍

So I've been asked what I want for my birthday and honestly there would be nothing better than to hear from all of you! Seriously "words of affirmation" is my love language so getting a letter in the mail or a fun email would make my day😉 plus its free haha (or even better a handwritten copy of your testimony because I have been collecting those just sayin) 

Spiritual Thought: "Clearly, Lehi knew opposition, anxiety, heartache, pain, disappointment, and sorrow. Yet he declared boldly and without reservation a principle as revealed by the Lord: "Men are, that they might have joy." Imagine! Of all the words he could have used to describe the nature and purpose of our lives here in mortality, he chose the word joy!" - Russell M Nelson

Well today we are going to hike Hanging Rock as a zone! So I will be back later this afternoon, so don't worry if I don't reply to you for a while! 

Love you all so much!! ❤ I'll talk to you next week when I am no longer a teenager (': *gags* 

Sending Love,
Sister Jacobsmeyer💕
   

No comments:

Post a Comment