Monday, August 22, 2016

Good news! We are safe and sound back in our apartment! Thankfully we only were at the hotel for a night. I felt like I was on a trip with my mom ha!

Social Media Tracting: This week we went though our area book and added A TON of people on facebook. Not all accepted our request. Out of the few that did, we got to message them and got some other lessons out of it! We are looking forward to the miracles that will come from this new way of proslyting! We also had our first skype lesson which was way fun! It saved us about 30 miles! As missionaries we only get a certain amount of miles for the month, so any time we can save them, we do!

Sister Marlow= Me In 50 years: We had dinner at a members home this week, and who knows how we got on the topic but Elvis came up. Sister Marlow is such a fangirl! She talked about how she loves him and told us about going to his concerts ( which only cost 30 bucks, if only that was still a thing). She said she cried when he died haha She even played some of his gospel music for us! So basically that will be me one day, feeding the missionaries and still fangirling over JB or TSwift😉 😂

Southern Firsts: This week I tried 2 new things! Mom be proud of me😙 One was liver mush which was not as bad as it sounds. I don't know exactly what is all in it, besides pig liver. I would compare it to sausage. It wasn't awful, but I didn't have more. The other thing was fried okra. I liked it much better than liver mush, and had seconds 😜

Scary, But Exciting : Okay Sister Arnold and Sister Davis, are you sitting down? Congrats! You're gonna be grandparents😂😉 President Alexander called Saturday and asked me to be a trainer!! Ahhh! I am totally excited but somewhat terrified. Mainly because I have to drive now hahah so prayers for that to go well will be much appreciated. Sister Ince is leaving and I am staying to train here in Wilkes! Tomorrow I will meet my new trainee and I am excited 😊❤ It will be an adventure for sure! Speaking of trainers, one of mine goes home tomorrow 🙁 I hope I am as great as a trainer as she was! I love Sister Arnold💙
PS  if any of you who read this have trained before feel free to shoot me some tips!

Spiritual Thought:
Proverbs 3: 5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Sometimes things happen in life and we have no idea why ( like president thinking I should train😉) But when we put our trust in Heavenly Father, he will direct our path. He will be there every step of the way, helping us and pushing us along❤

Well that is it for this week! Since I am not moving my address is still
1300 oak hill dr  apt 201 E
Wilkesboro nc 28697-8648
If anyone wants to give me a reason to check the mail😙😉

God is so good and being a missionary is the greatest call!! Life is good! I love y'all and hope to hear from you soon! Have a blessed week💕

Sending Love,
Sister Jacobsmeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment