Monday, May 15, 2017

Hey y'all! 

So my new area is the bessssst❤ I am so thankful for the opportunity to be here! So my area is in Clemmons, NC. But it also covers  part of Winston-Salem and some other little towns. But the best part of all is there are lots and lots of people to talk to😊😭 

So Tuesday we got a ride down to transfers and I got to see Sister Hickenlooper (aka the sister I helped train / my favorite person) She is a STL now too! So I am pumped to see her at MLC! 

Our first day someone the sisters gave a card too last week called us and wanted to meet with us. That is so rare. So we were excited! The appointment was with a man and his wife. Basically he just taught us about other religions, but we were able to eventually teach parts of the restoration. We weren't able to set up a return appointment, but hopefully one day  they will be ready😊

So we have a couple of date for baptism, Norman and Shervonne who I LOVE. They have such a desire to learn and progress plus they are hilarious. They weren't able to come to church sadly, but crazy enough we were finding in a random area and right as we left they pulled in! So we turned around and caught up with them. Norman said he was already for church but Shervonne didn't get home till 3am for work and he said " I can't go without my squad" 😂 So we let him know that we were part of his squad too and he could come with just us! 

Now for some funny stories! So Wednesday we were knocking on a door and talking to this lady. She then informed me that a bug was on my face, so Sister Christensen brushed it off. It actually ended up going down my shirt 😂 Then that night I saw it bit my cheek! And I have about 10 on my legs and feet. I HATE BUG SEASON😭 

And then last night we went to send in our weekly numbers and we got out to the car and Sister Christensen forgot the keys in the (locked) church 😂😭 So thank heavens for Elders!! They came to the rescue!  

Also so crazy Sister Christensen and I have lots of connections. For starters we took the same communications class at BYUI. She sat behind me, but we never really talked. But craizer, her grandma lived in Overton! She worked for Overton power. My family even took pictures at her red barn ( the one by the train tracks by where VIP was). And yesterday while she was skyping home she found out that my dad did tile work for her grandma. Hahaha its crazy! But nothing makes me happier than when people know where Overton is ❤

Spiritual Thought: "Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels." 
My family is the traveling circus currently, so my skype didnt happen yesterday but will happen next week! Anyway just wanted to shout out my mom. She's pretty much the best. 😊  But what else is new?❤

Okay sorry this was 4ever long. I love my mission and this area and the work. God is SO good!! Love you all! 

Sending Love,
Sister Jacobsmeyer💕
   

No comments:

Post a Comment