Monday, April 17, 2017

Hey y'all! I promise this email will be a little more exciting than last week!๐Ÿ˜œ

Pday last week was the best. We had a zone activity and had mini olympics and a cook out! After that Sister Charles and I went to the Pilot Mountain sisters apartments where Sister Brown made our eyebrows look nice again and I gave everyone jamberry gel nails❤ It was so nice and relaxing! 

Tuesday we got to attend a Jewish Sader!  It was in place of the Tuesday night meeting. It was a new experience, but it was nice. While everyone was drinking wine, we opted for grape juice haha but Sister Charles did refill someones glass so of course I will never let her forget that she served someone alcohol on her mission๐Ÿ˜œ Also that night on the way home, a racoon RAN INTO OUR CAR! I was mortified. #myfirstroadkill 

Wednesday we were able to see our recent convert Katelynn! She is such a sweet girl! Plus she gave out a Book of Mormon to her teacher! Missionary in training amirite?!  

Thursday we had zone meeting! It was great! The STL's gave a training about unity and compared it to marriage and before they started  they were like we have a special guest... and then one of our elders comes in and drops rose petals down the aisle and starts the whole princess bride wedding scene. It was pretty funny. And weird. But mostly funny. 

After the meeting I headed to the big city with Sister Roth for exchanges! And oh man I was in heaven. There were so many people!! We talked to so many! Found new investigators, and even put one of their investigators on date for baptism ๐Ÿ˜ It was glorious. Plus I got to finally go on exchanges with Sister Roth! She's so great!! ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Saturday night we were invited over to a members home to dye easter eggs! So that was some messy fun! Oh and before we got there, we were up in a far away area of our mission and our gps actually took us out of our mission for like 3 minutes to get to their house and we were kinda in panic mode ๐Ÿ˜‚ but at least now I can say I have been in Henry County๐Ÿ˜œ  

Easter was great! We were fed by the Turner family, who I loveeeee❤ But of course the meaning of Easter is not the family gatherings or the candy you get. I know that my redeemer lives. I am so thankful for his courageous sacrifice in our behalf. He lived, died, and lived again, so that we too may all live again! As a mission we all read the book of John leading up to Easter. It made me feel closer to Christ. So I would invite you all to do the same! Get to know him better! You will find so much peace in your life if you do! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Spiritual Thought: 
" President David O. McKay promised every man who uses the priesthood in righteousness that he "will find his life sweetened, his discernment sharpened to decide quickly between right and wrong, his feelings tender and compassionate, yet his spirit strong and valiant in defense of right; he will find the priesthood a never failing source of happiness—a well of living water springing up unto eternal life" " 

This was from our Sunday school lesson yesterday and I just kept thinking of all my friends who actually honored their priesthood. I have seen those blessings in their lives and I just wanted to express my gratitude for their examples ๐Ÿ˜Š So if you are a priesthood holder I encourage you to honor it! So you too can be that good example in someones life! 

Well that's all folks! I hope you all enjoyed the fair and ate a funnel cake in my honor ๐Ÿ˜œ PS two of my favorite people are getting one year older and wiser this weekend! So if you see my mom or sister this weekend give them a hug for me❤ Love you all SO much! 


Sending Love,
Sister Jacobsmeyer๐Ÿ’•
   

No comments:

Post a Comment