Wednesday, December 28, 2016

December 26, 2016 9 months in

First off thank you to all of those who wished me a Merry Christmas, or sent me packages, or letters, and just love in general. It reallly means alot when someone takes time out of thier normal life to send something my way. I AM BLESSED! 😁

So Christmas was good, but let me tell you some gems from my week first!

Monday was great minus the fact my group email didn't work the first time. We went to Rock Hill for a district activity! We made scones and fried some oeros and then went laser tagging! Then Monday we got the okay to spend the night at the Waxhaw sister's house, since we had an early meeting the next day. Sister Miller (aka my MTC comp) is in Waxhaw, and her and Sis Hill, and I came out together so obviously it was a blast. 🎉

Tuesday we had our Zone {CHRISTMAS} Conference! It was combined with Charlotte Central and Gastonia zones! Each zone sang some musical numbers, and I was apart of two of ours! It was fun! We then sang some songs together, and then ate some yummy food! After we did a service project! We put together food boxes for people in the Charlotte area that were in need! During lunch we also had a not so usual talent show, which my district was involved with. I seriously don't think I will ever love another district as much as I love the one I am in now. Anywho after lunch we played Jepordy and it got heated hahahah low key think the assistants rigged it but anywhoooo it was fun none the less. We watched some movie clips about the translation of the Book of Mormon and then the departing missionaries bore their testimonies and we called it a day! 😊

Then I went on exchanges with Sister Perez and so I stayed in Charlotte! We had so much fun! We got to go Christmas shopping for our companions and a miracle occured. So I had already gotten Sis Hill's gift BUT she is in love with Finding Dory hahaha so I was like wait I need to get her something Finding Dory. So we went to the calendar kiosk and while we were checking out the man was basically like "I hate how Christ isn't the center of Christmas these days and all people care about is presents" So we taught him, right there, in the middle of South Park Mall! It was a miracle!!🙌

On Wednesday we went caroling with the Young Women and it was a blast! I love this branch SO MUCH!

Christmas Eve was great too! A family invited us over for breakfast and I finally tried Grits& Shrimp! It was pretty good!! That night we ate dinner with another family and had a nice Christmas Devotional with it! That night we went home and opened our new Christmas PJ's! Thanks Mom! 

Christmas Day, we woke up and of course checked to see if Santa came.... he did (: 
So we opened our presents and that was fun! We got ready and went to church, sadly all our investigators went out of town, but it's okay! After church we went down to the Tracy's house and opened more presents bc the Tracy's are probably the nicest people on the planet and they took good care of us. We had Navajo Tacos for lunch! Ha! They were so gooddddd! 

Then we rushed to our dinner apointment at the Garcia's! We had fun with them and their kids! We even played charades for a bit! Then what I have been waiting for since mothers day..... SKYPE TIMEEEEE!!!🎉🙌😁

Okay I am just so pumped bc not one tear left my eye. Not one. It just felt so natural talking to them. I love them, we had a good time, well at least I did. 40 minutes goes by way too fast!! 😭

Spiritual Thought: 
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

So I read this today and I was just like wooooow I stink. I really wish I could be as obedient as Nephi was. Like I can't even count how many times my parents asked me to do things and let me tell ya my first response was not " Yes mother dearest" or " Yes dad I would love to" It was more like " ehhh I will get to it when I am good and ready" Which 9 times out of 10 was never. So anyway I just really want to work on being like Nephi and just going and doing what I am asked to, with no complaining. 

Welllll thats about all folks. I find out if I am staying or leaving TONIGHT. Ahhhh I really hope I stay one more transfer. Also can we talk about how I TURN 9 MONTHS ON FRIDAY?! Like what even. One Direction wasn't lying when they talked about just how fast the night changes. Thanks for the people who actually still talk to me. You're golden. Also HAPPY NEW YEAR! Love youuuuu! 💕

Sending Love, 
Sister Jacobsmeyer


No comments:

Post a Comment