Monday, October 17, 2016

It was a great week here in South Carolina!πŸŒ™πŸŒ΄

Door approaches always give you good quotes to put in your journal. For example this week we knocked on a door and this happened
Me: Oh what do you like about your church?
Man: That it isn't LDS and is actually christian
I just smiled and bit my tongue which is sometimes all you can do! πŸ™ƒ

We had a miracle filled Tuesday and we were able to teach 3 other lessons which is kinda a big deal for us. So we were feeling very blessed. But wait it gets better. On Wednesday we went to Collen's lesson and invited him to be baptized and he said yes!! He has been wanting it for a really long time! He is the cutest kid and so smart! We are so happy we get to keep working with him and help him reach his goal! 😊❤

We also got to go help out at a fundraiser event/ fashion show! It was way fun! For a second it made me want to work in the fashion industryπŸ˜‚  And we were able to meet a set of girls from Lancaster and give them our card!

The cherry on top of the week was Friday. After Zone Meeting we got permission to go get warmer clothes since it's getting colder. Sister Tracy took us to Kohls & Target and I just about died. I was so happyπŸ˜‚ I haven't been to either of those stores for almost 7 months!! I felt right at home though! And 7 months later I am still going to Target for just one thing and coming out with 20 other things I don't needπŸ’πŸ˜‚

I spoke in church yesterday! And it got us a referral from a family in the branch! Referrals always make our days better! We are working with a few people right now but sadly none of them showed up yesterday. Before my mission everyone said getting people to church is not easy, and I didn't believe them. I thought all you had to do was invite them and they would come πŸ˜‚ Sadly I was wrong.

Spiritual Thought:
"And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost." - Moroni 10:4

I have a challenge for y'all! As a mission we are reading 7 pages a day of The Book of Mormon to finish by Christmas. We are also highlighting the doctrine of Christ! It has been so fun and makes my mornings better! I challenge all of you to read it with me! And to take the challenge given by Moroni to read and pray to know for yourself if it is true! If you don't have a Book of Mormon fear not! That is what the local missionaries are for! Or you can go to lds.org and request one for free😊

Well it is kinda crazy how fast time flies by! Thanks for putting up with these emails for the past 6 months! You are all amazing people who I am lucky to know! Hope to hear from you soon! Love y'allπŸ’•

Sending Love,
Sister Jacobsmeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment