Monday, October 10, 2016

Good news! I survived my first hurricane!! It really wasn't that bad. Everyone was saying the power was gonna go out and flooding was going to happen. But in reality it was just WAY windy and rainy. I am super thankful though! My thoughts and prayers are with those on the coast! Also people were freaking out because the weather map looked like a skull and then they got out their bibles and read Matthew 10:7 (since it hit on 10/7) and it talks about preparing for the kingdom of heaven hahah at least people were reading their scriptures right?

Anyway it was a pretty good week! We took a road trip on Thursday to Charlotte. We had to go get our car inspected so we had a most of the day trip thanks to good old traffic! The best part of all of it was getting Cook Out ๐Ÿ˜‹

Basically this week me and Sis H were OUT OF IT! So tired hahah so funny story. On Friday night we ate a HUGE dinner and afterwords we started our fast. Mid prayer I realized that it was not at all Saturday night and we didnt need to be fasting yet hahah so we just closed it as soon as we started it and laughed at ourselves for a minute

The best part of the week though was Sunday afternoon! Why you ask? Because I got to skype Jorge! He was the man we found and taught in Concord. He got baptized yesterday๐Ÿ˜ I am so beyond sad that I wasn't there, but I was so overjoyed to get to talk to him. He is the best and I am so blessed I got to help him along this great journey! ❤

Spiritual Thought:
"If all that your children knew of the gospel came from you—as their only source—how much would they know?" - Elder K. Brett Nattress of the Seventy

This comes from a conference talk! And I LOVE that question. Seriously think about it! I am so grateful and blessed to have two parents who always put the gospel at the center of our family. I still continue to learn from them. I invite you all to ponder this in your own families and make the gospel a part of your families daily life.

That pretty much is it! We had a good week and laughed a lot! I love Lancaster! I also love hearing from all of y'all! Also for those who have asked for it my current address is 439 colonial ave apt d
Lancaster sc 29720 so if you need anything to do this week I know a missionary that would love to hear from you ๐Ÿ˜‰

Also totally never will be over the fact that Tower of Terror is getting shut down for a marvel ride?! #notcool So someone go ride it for me one last time ๐Ÿ˜˜

I love you all and am oh so blessed to know you! Have a wonderful week! Hope to hear from you soon๐Ÿ’•

Sending Love,
Sister Jacobsmeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment