Monday, June 6, 2016

Hello friends and family who still actually read this! This week was SO much better than last week. So let me tell you a little bit about it!

1) Interviews. So on Thursday we went and had our interviews with President and Sister Alexander! These are my favorite thing about a new transfer! I love the Alexanders and am blessed to have them as the leaders of the mission. 
2) Exchanges. We started the weekend off with exchanges! Sis Nansel came and Sis Davis left. We had a great time together! 
3) Amazing Grace. So Grace is one of our investigators and we literally saw her 4 days in a row, which I am not complaining about. Two of those days were lessons, one was at a eagle scout court of honor, and lastly a graduation party.( which btw felt so weird to be at, didn't I just graduate?!)  ALSO her and her boyfriend Tanner WERE IN PAPER TOWNS! They filmed the movie at their high school which I often pass. OH and another girl in our ward was an extra in the  Hunger Games which was partially filmed behind the Wal-Mart we go to every week. It's fine, no biggie. 
5) Be Thou Humble. So saturday was not my day. It was way hot and the sun took away my energy and I was just throwing a pity party basically. Then we went and taught the Lopez family. They basically taught us. They really wanna get baptized and they have such great faith!! Plus they want to invite all these people over to be taught. They are so great! Anyway after that I was in a much better state of mind. We were also fasting as a mission and after the Lopez family, we met another prepared man. So many miracles occur and I am so thankful for those humbing moments.

Scripture: I totally forgot about this last week oops!

Alma 36:27
"And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me."

This scripture is so great. I can't even count how many trials me and my family have had over the years. In every single one of them though we have been fully supported by our loving Heavenly Father. If we have that faith and trust, he will in fact deliver us! Even when it's hot and humind outside and you just don't think you can take one more step, he is there. He always is. How great is that?!

Anyway that is really all I can think of to share with you. Missionary life is the best life! I again am thankful for those who email me and send me notes, y'all are the best! Have a blessed week <3

Sending Love,
Sister Jacobsmeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment