Monday, June 5, 2017

This was the busiest week of my life hahah but it was SO great! 

First off on Monday we spent the day at the mall, and not once, BUT TWICE I got asked if I was gay... like what. First time one of those salespeople in the middle asked if Sis Christensen was my girlfriend. Second time we had just met this girl and were getting her contact info and her co worker goes, don't ask for her number she has a boyfriend. 

Anyway the week went on and I got to go on exchanges with Sister Charles in Pilot Mountain! It was a breeze! Being with an old companion is the best. We had fun and found 2 new investigators! I even got to work on a horse farm! But I have to admit something. The next morning I woke up and the room was insanely bright and I was like what time is it?? Part of me didn't wanna look, but a bigger part of me said I needed to. Yall It was 7:30๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ฎ For those who don't know, missionaries are up by 6:30, sleeping in doesn't exist. I didn't even bother to ask if she had set an alarm because I just figured she had one. But guess her companion is in charge of that... big oops! 

Friday we drove down to Charlotte. It brought me back to my good old days in Concord❤ We had MLC which is where all the leadership of the mission ( Zone Leaders, Sister Training Leaders, Assistants) get together to receive training and counsel about the work. Sister Hickenlooper was there so obviously we sat by each other. Seriously so thankful for all my past companions!  But MLC was great! And afterwords we were taking pictures naturally, and I started writing a note to leave for  Sister Hill.... and then Sister Rose told me she was inside (': #tendermercy So I got to see her and it was a joyous 5 minute reunion๐Ÿ’• And to top it all off, we drove away in a brand new car that comes with wifi ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Saturday Sister Alexander was up here for stake conference, and wanted to go finding with us! We met this man who only spoke Spanish. Sister Alexander had been prompted to bring a Spanish pass a long card. So we went back to the car and got it and did our best to testify to him. We referred him to the Spanish elders that night, and they got right on it! He is now their new investigator ๐Ÿ˜Š I just wish that y'all could meet Sister Alexander, I just feel like words don't describe how amazing she is ❤   

Saturday night we were in this nice neighborhood and this is what went down with the 2 doors we tried 
Door 1: *teenage girl telling her mom* " Mom! I think it's the Jehovah's Witness'" 
Door 2 : * knocking on glass doors* Lady sees us, comes to the door, unlocks it, relocks it, AND LEAVES. Then walked away laughing, telling her husband we were the JW's
๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ
Somedays (mostly saturdays) i just want to wear a giant sign that says I am not a JW๐Ÿ˜‚

Anyway last but not least, we had Stake Conference! Two of our investigators were there wahooo! Bad part was literally no one knew how to be quiet. So we could hardly hear anything. 
:( 

Spiritual Thought: "True disciples of Jesus Christ are willing to stand out, speak up, and be different from the people of the world." - Elder Neil A Anderson 

I hit 14 months this week. And I just don't know how that happened. I have reached that point where I am ready to extend and serve for 10 more months hahah but sadly I can't do that! But I want you all to know that I know this is the one and true church of Jesus Christ. It all just makes sense. And that's why I am hear in North Carolina, to help others learn and grow closer to their Savior. I love the work, and I love my mission, and I love each and everyone of you who keep cheering me on week after week. ๐Ÿ˜Š Have a wonderful week! 

Sending Love,
Sister Jacobsmeyer๐Ÿ’•
924 Hawk Ridge Circle Winston-Salem 
NC 27103

No comments:

Post a Comment