Monday, September 19, 2016

Hey y'all! Another week flew by and it was a real good one!

Watching Walk the Line 1000 times finally paid off. We have a recent convert named Alan and he loves Johnny Cash so basically we were able to relate the gospel to Johnny Cash and that was fun. Also he really loves the Navy and likes to have conversations about it. But I know like zip about the Navy, so if anyone wants to educate me feel free.

We had interviews this week and this is my 3rd time being interviewed this transfer hahah so President was like "you're probably real sick of seeing me" Which is not even close to true. I have such a deep love and respect for the Alexanders! I honestly have no clue what I will do one day without them. Which reminds me, the Garlicks went home last week and I will probably never be over it.

We also had exchanges this week! Sister Rose (who knows my sis from her time at the MTC) came here with Sis H and I! We had a grand time, full of lots of awkard moments, and miracles! We even came home to find a baby lizard on our kitchen floor (,:

During the week we were out knocking doors and this real kind man let us teach him and then asked if we could pray together <3 He even gave us Gatorade! Then his neighbor was so sweet! We showed her the Because of HIm video and she said that we brought a great spirit to her home! She then said she had something for us. She brought out these rocks that she was giving in her Sunday school class. One says "worrier" and one says "prayer warrior" She told us to get rid of our worries and become warriors. It was pretty cute!

I finally got to attend the branch! They are all so kind! Also a family in the branch lived in Ely and know Sister Meeks from my home ward! I love small connections like that!!

Ok I saved the best for last.... GEORGE & KATHY ARE ON DATE!!! YAYAYAYA!😀❤ They were the couple we taught in Concord and I am soooooo excited for them! Hopefully things all work out and I can go!

Spiritual Thought:
Alma 37:37
Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

I have learned SO much about prayer on my mission. My favorite part of the day is when I get to say my prayer right before bed! Heavenly Father wants to hear from us! It's kinda like when you dont talk to your parents for a while and they just really wanna hear from you and how you are doing. I love just laying it all out at the end of the day. I know that prayer works. We have a loving Heavenly Father who is there to help us, we just have to ask!

Well that is about it for this week! Even though I really miss taking naps, being a missionary is great. You learn so much and you see so much. I am so thankful for this oppertunity! I love you and hope to hear from you soon! Have a blessed week! 💕

Sending Love,
Sister Jacobsmeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment